Benefits of Dental Implants
- Strong & Durable. Dental implants are the strongest and longest-lasting replacement for teeth – with proper care, a dental implant can last a lifetime.
- Natural Feel & Function. Implants let you talk, chew, and exert pressure just like with natural teeth.
- Simple Placement. Dental implants do not require alterations to adjacent teeth, unlike other dental treatments like dental bridges.
- Quality of Life. Because dental implants have no false upper palate, patients will be able to taste and enjoy their food better and speak more naturally.
- Bone Preservation. Implants prevent the collapsed, wrinkled look from progressive jaw bone loss that can occur with dentures or missing teeth.
- Convenience. Implants eliminate the need for messy adhesives or nightly removal, which is necessary with removable dentures.
- Long-Term Cost-Effectiveness. While the initial cost of dental implants may be higher than other tooth replacement options, their durability and long-term benefits can make them a cost-effective choice over time, as they often require less maintenance and replacement.
- Self-Confidence. Dental implants can significantly boost your self-esteem and confidence by providing a natural-looking, complete smile.
Types of Implants
Whether you are missing one tooth or multiple, Sonrisas has the solution.
Single Dental Implant
In many cases, Sonrisas can provide a single dental implant in as little as one day – depending on the time of day you come in! When replacing a tooth near the front of a patient’s mouth, Dr. Waich will attach a temporary crown to the implant so the patient won’t have to endure a gap in their smile while the implant heals. The temporary crown will then be replaced with a sturdy, permanent crown.
Full Arch Implants or All-On-4
For some people, one implant is just the beginning of a full mouth of permanent dental restoration. Our team can help you achieve a new, healthy smile in a peaceful and relaxed setting. Dr. Waich is highly skilled in performing full arch (or all-on-4) dental implants.
During an all-on-4 procedure, Dr. Waich will place four implants on the top or bottom arch (or both, depending on your needs), and then a full arch of teeth will be attached. At Sonrisas Dental, we use the highest quality titanium material for each implant. Over time, these implants will fuse to the jaw itself, becoming a natural fit and the best option for comfortable, permanent teeth.
Implants are placed in a three-part process, starting with the implant itself, followed by an abutment (the connector that holds the tooth or many teeth in place), and then the final touch- a crown.
Implant-Supported Dental Bridge
An implant-supported dental bridge is a type of dental prosthesis that replaces missing teeth by using dental implants as a support structure. It is a fixed and permanent solution for individuals who are missing multiple teeth in a row. Here’s how it works:
Step 1 – Dr. Waich will place the dental implants to use as a strong and stable foundation for a bridge. These implants help prevent bone loss in the jaw. After the implants have integrated with the jawbone, abutment connectors are attached to the implants. These connectors extend above the gumline and serve as attachment points for the bridge.
Step 2 – The dental bridge is a custom-made prosthetic that consists of one or more artificial teeth (pontics) that fill the gap left by missing teeth. The bridge is designed to match the color and shape of the patient’s natural teeth.
Final Step – The bridge is attached to the abutment connectors on the dental implants. The bridge is securely fixed in place and functions just like natural teeth.